Wednesday, August 25, 2010

R.I.P. Aaliyah

Nine Years ago today, Aaliyah Dana Haughton, and 8 others, lost their lives when their plane crashed shortly after take off. Aaliyah was a great talent whether she was singing, dancing or acting. Her music touched many and her void is still felt, especially in hip-hop/r&b. Aaliyah had one of the softest, smoothest voices that was the perfect complement to Timbaland's thundering bass. It didn't matter if she was rocking a tom-boy outfit or a dress, her beauty was angelic. Though she may be gone, she will never be forgotten. Here are my top 5 no 7 no 8 songs/videos from the Princess of R&B!

8. Are You That Somebody - The beat was vicious! Tim's rap wasn't bad either "Babygirl, I'm the man from the big VA!"

7. 4 Page Letter - "When I write him, he better get it on time!" Brings back memories of those days when girls gave you letters in class and expected you to right them back the next period.

6. Don't Know What to Tell Ya - Another vicious beat by Timbaland. "Don't compare me to your last one. I can't help if she was a fast one, a sassy one, I'm a classy one!" Love classy ladies!

5. I Miss You -The video plus the song, can't help but get a little emotional.

4. We Need a Resolution - Babygirl's all grown-up! Great relationship song too.


3. Hot Like Fire -I like the smoother, original version better than the remix.

2. If You're Girl Only Knew - Fell in love at 2:33



1. I Care 4 You - "Hey sexy baby, why'd your girl leave you in pain? To let a fine man like you go, she must be INSANE!" Thanks for caring Aaliyah




- B

No comments: